The WannaCry ransomware is a perfect illustration of an attack which exploits multiple vulnerabilities within a network.
• First it attempts to trick users into opening ransomware with common email phishing techniques
• Then it attempts to exploit a Windows vulnerability to encrypt company data and hold it for ransom.
• Finally it attempts to spread itself by infecting other PCs within the network.
There is no single solution to prevent cybersecurity threats such as WannaCry as they always attempt to expose multiple vulnerabilities within a company. Tier1Net protects its clients against current and future cybersecurity threats by leveraging a balanced approach of prevention, education and redundancy.
How Do Tier1Net’s Managed Services Prevent Cybersecurity Threats?
• Emails are scanned for known virus signatures, phishing techniques and potentially dangerous email attachments.
• Network traffic is scanned at the perimeter by firewalls which examine all incoming and outgoing traffic for viruses and intrusions.
• Tier1Net’s Managed Workplace solution automatically deploy patches to known vulnerabilities within a network.
• Tier1net leverages advanced antivirus clients and internal network intrusion detection services to detect and prevent attacks from within the network.
• Tier1Net’s email phishing campaigns educate your employees on common email phishing techniques so they won’t be so easily fooled by the real thing.
• Tier1net’s Disaster Recovery services provide the redundancy necessary to quickly recover from a cybersecurity attack. Within minutes of an outbreak Tier1Net can quickly restore data from hourly snapshots which run seamlessly to protect corporate data.
It is this multilayered approach to Cybersecurity and data redundancy that Tier1net has specifically designed to prevent attacks and recover quickly should one ever occur.
If you have any questions about the WannaCry ransomware campaign or would like to learn more about Tier1Net’s services please email us at email@example.com or call our office at (781)935-8050.